I recently opened a MyAccess checking account at Bank of America to get a $100 bonus. I had planned to keep the account for a little while and then close it. I was browsing the Bank of America site and saw they have new account packages called MyExpression Banking. The theme of these accounts are that they represent various charitable causes. One of the big things that caught my eye was the rates for the Money Market account. I don't know if these are teaser rates or not. But for Georgia, the rates are as follows:

  • Less than $2500 3.00% APY
  • $2500-$9999 5.35% APY
  • $10000-$24999 5.45% APY

  • $25000-$49999 5.45% APY

  • $50000-$99999 5.71% APY

  • $100000- 5.71% APY

There is a $1000 minimum to open the account. If you already have a Bank of America checking or savings account, there is no hard pull. I'm seriously considering moving my money from ING to Bank of America. I love having my money local if I can get a great rate.

If you open an Advantage checking account, you also get the following:

  • Free banking services and preferred rates
  • Additional checking and savings accounts for no monthly maintenance fee
  • Free Online Banking service with free Bill Pay
  • Receive almost every banking service you need for free or at preferred rates
  • A second checking account with no monthly maintenance fee
  • Up to four savings accounts with no monthly maintenance fees
  • Free Online Banking service with free Bill Pay
  • Free Bank of America Check Card with Total Security Protection® and Photo Security®
  • Free Advantage checks and checkbook cover
  • Trade stocks online for as low as $0 with Banc of America Investment Services, Inc.®
  • No ATM Fee on deposits and withdrawals at Bank of America ATMs
  • No rental fee on standard size safe deposit box

5 comments

  1. Anonymous // September 8, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

    Just a quick note on the MyAccess checking. I thought when I signed up for this account that it was free and there were no bottom limits. However, I woke up yesteray morning to a large fee in the account. I plan on calling them Monday and finding out exactly why there is a fee.

    Just something to look out for.

  2. SingleGuyMoney // September 9, 2007 at 9:51 AM  

    Brian - I ran into the same problem but I setup a direct deposit to the account and was no longer charged a fee.

  3. Anonymous // September 9, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

    Dang, those do seem to be good rates, I am a BofA customer and did not know about this 'MyExpression' banking, will check into it - thanks!

  4. SavingDiva // September 10, 2007 at 2:08 PM  

    I'm not a fan of BofA. I used to be a customer, but after a few bad run ins with customer service (about their mistakes on my accounts) I cancelled my accounts...and I'm never looking back. I'm happy with my Charles Schwab Investor checking account.

  5. Anonymous // September 11, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

    I read the opening of your blog. It says that you are trying to undo the mistakes of the past. Geez. Compared to me, you are doing great. At least you have credit. I ruined my credit so bad that I can not get anything!